Careers at FiberLab
Join Our Team
Fiberlab Technologies LLC is an Austin start-up with expertise as a custom technology solutions provider for industrial hemp and medical marijuana industry. We are currently seeking qualified personnel to staff our commercial plant in Los Angeles.
- Process Manager
- Technical Assistant
Medical Cannabis Extraction/Purification Process Manager
Fiberlab Technologies, LLC – Los Angeles, CA
The Process Manager will oversee and execute the operation of Fiberlab Technologies LA operations with the goal of producing the highest quality cannabinoid oils and crystalline cannabinoid products. This leadership position requires providing engineering leadership, analyzing data, adjusting workflow, troubleshooting, writing, and updating procedures, and training operators and technicians to increase yields and efficiency.
The Manager is expected to work independently to consistently produce the best possible products, ensure the careful execution of standard operating procedures, and deliver products to clients on a timely basis. The Manager will maintain a clean, compliant, professional, and safe atmosphere in the Fiberlab facility. Regular communication with Fiberlab Principals is to be maintained to ensure all operational needs are met and any procedural problems are addressed and resolved proactively. He or she is to ensure compliance with all pertinent federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The Process Manager is responsible for the company’s overall LA operations, including staffing, processing protocols, strategy, and day to day production while supervising a team of operators and technicians. For more information visit our website www.fiberlab.io
- Ability to operate and control equipment in a production environment.
- Works with Fiberlab chemical and engineering staff to develop and document SOPs.
- Work with Fiberlab Management to manage work flow and training of plant operators and laboratory technicians.
- Recruit, hire and train operators and technicians.
- Directly supervise operators and technicians.
- Evaluate performance, set goals, provide training, feedback, and discipline to team members.
- Ensures product quality and consistency through ongoing testing.
- Organize and oversee all duties required to ensure a clean and safe production facility.
- Creation of all production records and labels in accordance with the state, local and internal company standards.
- Works with local, state-approved laboratory to generate Certificates of Analysis and document all results for compliance with state regulations.
- Masters Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering or related field.
- Commercial cannabis laboratory experience a major plus.
- Extensive hands on experience with extraction, purification, separation, and crystallization of various compounds, preferably including cannabinoids.
- Experience with hemp and MMJ oil processing, winterization and separation.
- Proven experience developing, documenting, and managing strict SOP’s.
- Experience managing a team of operators and laboratory technicians.
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, adaptable, and ready to work in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment.
- Chromatography experience a plus
- 4 Professional References, including
- Operators and Technicians who reported to you
- Background Check
Job Type: Full-time
Fiberlab Technologies, LLC. – Los Angeles, CA
The Laboratory Assistant will join a multifaceted team working on multiple projects in the fast-growing Cannabis industry. This position will include isolating, purifying, and crystallizing cannabinoids. The successful candidate will be confident and proven in their ability to learn and run independently, new or modified laboratory procedures; as well as documenting and reporting their results. The successful applicant will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others in an organized fashion. This position will work closely with and directly under the Fiberlab Laboratory Manager. The successful applicant can also expect to work occasionally with other members of the Fiberlab team, who have expertise in Sales and Marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
- Work experience in a cannabis lab
- Experience with cannabis extraction, separation and HPLC is highly valued
- Desire to learn new techniques and skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
- Reliable personal vehicle
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and their usage
- Basic mechanical skills, (install and removal of Swagelok fittings and PFA tubing)
- Perform and report lab procedures
- Assist with sample inventory
- Maintain organization and stock supplies in laboratory
- Troubleshoot and repair minor tool issues
Job Type: Full-time
- previous lab experience: 2 years
Required license or certification: